Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Medal Finals Re-Cap

The word of the day this past sunday was WET. It literally poured the entire day. Everyone and everything was soaked. All of the squeaky clean horses were covered and mud and rain. Braids wee dripping wet and my helmet was draining rain down my front. I have to admit that it was miserable show weather. All I wanted to do was get dry and snuggle in my bed at home.

There were a ton of riders despite the weather. I believe our barn had 9 riders or so. Everyone did really well. Possum and I had a judged warm-up first of all (in the pouring rain) we did pretty well and got 8th out of like 20. Then in the equitation class I thought that we had a pretty solid course, nothing to win the class or anything but we didn't get pinned which I was a little bummed about. I took Possum for a little walk around the grounds to get my composure and game face on. I then went in the ring for the first round of the medal and I was too concentrated and fierce that I just couldn't find the right pace. I ended with a dismal score of 66. It we tense to see if I would even make the call back with a score like that, well I barely squeaked into the second round. I was determined todo better. Possum and I went in there and put in a really solid round and earned a score of 76 whick is good, not spectacular, but solid. We ended up placing 7th in the Medal which I was OK with.

"G" came to watch and support me Sunday afternoon in the rain. It was nice to have him there. He wiped off my boots and gave me leg ups. He then left before they pinned the class to go home and let the dogs out.

After we left the show grounds we were all exhausted. We raced home, unpacked, unloaded the horses and went home and literally collapsed. I still have a pile of clothes and stuff laying on my bedroom floor. My roomie and I passed out. Iwoke up yesterday morning with a fever and feeling like shit. My head was spinning and all I wanted to do was sleep some more. I seriously think something is wrong with me and am seriously considering having a blood test done or something because I am so tired all the time.

I called into work and literally spent the entire day in bed. I slept until noon, watched TV for like an hour and went back to bedfor the rest of the day. I got up this morning still feeling like crap but atleast didn't have a fever. I know I'm sick from spending over 12 hrs in the rain Sunday. SO I'm back i nthe office finishing up work stuff.

I do have an interview tomorow for a job so I'm looking forward to that. Gonna get home tonight, have some soup and then go to bed and hope that tomorrow I feel better.

I do have to say that I was very proud of Possum. Despite the mistakes and things that I made he did really well. He wasn't rushing, and he was listening and did really well. I know we were both miserable in the weather but for our last year in the modified adult I think we did OK despite all the things going on. Will check in tomorrow, but am tired and need to get work done now. Hope everyone had a good weekend and I'm going to rustle up some pics from the rainy finals and someone even got videos of us so when I get them hopefully I can figure out how to do it.

1 comment:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Well I'm sorry the weather at the show was so horrible! That always sucks, I can remember some horrible weather shows back in our days too...Sounds like you ended fairly well for the season though.
Good luck with the interview tomorrow and feel better!
Your yesterday describes my every Saturday routine:-)