Monday, May 18, 2009

Back to the Grind

Had a great weekend for the most part and now it's Monday and time to get back to work. I actually got up this morning without too much protest which was good. I have a full day ahead of me and am just wanting to get through the week cause next weekend is a three day weekend and Memorial Day, the official start of summer YEA!!!

Nick and I basically hung out all weekend except for Saturday. Friday I went over to his place to visit with a few of his friends before they went to the bar and then it was him and I and one of his friends left that did not go. I have to say that I was a little anxious about meeting all of the new people only knowing Nick, but this is the test for me to to get out of my comfort zone bubble and get out there and be social. It went well and I was proud of myself, but I was glad when ost of them left. we had a great time of tipping back a few beers and chatting, we are all big talkers so the conversation was easy. I obviously crashed at Nick's because I was not going to drive home after drinking. The next morning I got up early and went home and slept a few more hrs and then got up and went to the barn. Hung out there for a while and rode Possum and then went home to do laundry and pick up and watch the Preakness. Nick went to hang with his friends for the night. I was actually perfectly content watching movies on TV and hanging with the pups. Early the next morning (Sunday) Nik stopped in on his way home and hung out with me for a while. We made plans to go for a trail ride after he got a dock in the water, He showed up at the barn at about noon and he rode Possum again and I rode my roomate's horse who ended up being a royal bitch!! She tried taking off with me, getting the bit in her teeth and just being stupid. I was really angry and by the time she calmed down a little and actually started listening to me I had listers and cuts all over my hands. If it's one thing I can't stand it's rude horses who know how to behave but just don't to be bitchy.

Nick did really well. He's cantering and learning on keeping his butt in the saddle. He even tried jumping barrels on their sides yesterday. He didn't fall off but it wasn't pretty. The last time he tried he finally started to get the feel of it it. This kid is truly fearless. Later that night He invited me to go to his grandparents house for dinner and then to his parents to watch the Celtics game with his mom and dad and sister and her husband. It was at this point that I kinda started thinking, I know this always gets me in trouble. Who invites their just friend to their families house?? But Nick is different that's for sure. SO last night he asked that I stay over at his house, which I reluctantly did. I was tired and the thought of driving the 20 minutes home didn't seem fun. SO I stayed and we had a little chat. I'm trying very hard not to over analyze this whatever relationship this is. But the more time you spend with someone and have a good time with them the more my brain wants to make sense of it all.

I totally think that I was a salmon in my past life as I always love to go against the flow and right now I just need to go with the flow. It's hard to re-program me but Nick is cool and patient with me and I know he would never try to hurt me, so I just need to work through this on my own and let things lay as they will. Once again this morning after I went home and showered and were lettting the dogs out Nick called just to chat for half an hour. This is how nice and considerate this guy is. He's always thinking of me and wants the best for me and for me to be happy.

Not going to the barn tonight since I have to work at the college until 6p and I'm pretty tired as it is. Nick has already said that he is coming over tonight to use our washer and dryer since he doesn't have one at his apartment and to hang out with me. Just relax Molly, chill and let things happen instead of always trying to make things happen.

2 comments:

Leah Fry said...

Yeah Molly, relax and chill ;-)

Unknown said...

That's right - Zen it....

Less is more - you did right by having a little chat.

I'm all on the defense just because I don't want you to get hurt again... but am still on your side girl!