Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's all about the animals


I have had no contact with "G" since Monday night! It's hard but I have done it. Now on to bigger and better things. Went to the barn last night after my doctors appointment so I could ride Moonie. It was still very hot and steamy and gross but it was my only chance to ride before Friday. She warmed up beautifully and felt really good. She had a mini lesson with a teenage girl earlier in the day but still had plenty of pep. Did all the warm-up stuff and started jumping courses. It was better than last night, it wasn't perfect (that's the perfecionist in me) but it was solid. We got a lot of nice spots too. SO I didn't ride too long since she had already been ridden that day. Gave her a good grooming and let her loose to eat grass and her dinner. She really is such a nice mare and it's very easy to like her a lot. Hung out at the barn for about an hr after and watched others ride. Went i the paddock to groom Possum and scratch allof his favorite spots and promised to ride him Sunday after the show.


Headed home to see the dogs and eat dinner. My dad told me when I got home that Phineous (my dog) was scared to death of the big thunder storm they had earlier. Supposedly they got 1in hail and rain and lightening hitting right near the house. My poor baby was slinking around the house trying to find a place to curl up with his tail tucked between his legs. So I ate a quick dinner and watched a little TV, Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch is like my favorite show. I stayed up later then I wanted to due to another thunderstorm rolling through. Went to bed and it was still pretty hot and tossed and turned with my crazy thoughts. I tried thinking of good things like visualizing the course for Saturday's show and stuff, finally I fell asleep.


It's Wednesday, hump day! My plans tonight is after a late visit here at work to head home and study for my upcoming exam and then try to go to bed early. We'll see if it happens. I don't want to be at work, I miss my dogs and barn and horses. Work always seems to get in the way of a good time!

1 comment:

Kellan said...

We have a Golden Retriever that is scared to death of thunder storms - scratches on the doors to get in the house or garage - so sad.

Take care - Kellan